H-harness for dogs
Choose the H-harness for dogs most suitable for you among those available on our online store
- Why choose an H harness for your dog?
- How many types of H-harness are there?
- Classic Harness
- Adjustable Harness
- How to choose a dog harness correctly?
- How to choose the size correctly?
- Which material to prefer?
- How to choose the right size of the straps?
- Which color to prefer?
- How to evaluate the quality?
- How to adjust the harness?
- So how do i choose the perfect harness?
Why choose an H harness for your dog?
Our harness to H for dogs is a harness fully adjustable, a feature that makes it fit both for adult dogs that for cuccioli growing. For this reason it is one of the most used absolutely. In addition, it is considered one of the best harnesses currently available.
- Its structure is specially made for do not damage posture of the dog, not putting pressure on its most delicate points;
- It does not exert pressure on either the neck or the throat, particularly sensitive points for breeds with congenital respiratory problems;
- Correctly regulates the weight on the spine without straining the joints of the legs and shoulders.
Furthermore, our harness allows the dog to relate to his fellow men in a free and easy way, leaving him the maximum freedom of patrolling during walks. Some studies show that the use of this type of harness reduce the dog's tendency to pull, thus making sure that a more serene bond is established with your conductor (especially with respect to the use of the collar).
For this the harness to h are considered today among the best harnesses for dogs In circulation.
How many types of H-harness are there?
Each harness model has specific characteristics that allow you and your dog to enjoy fantastic walks. The H-harness models on the market are:
- there classic harness
- there adjustable harness
Adjustable dog harness
The adjustable harnesses they are H-shaped harnesses, which are distinguished from the classic harnesses by theirs padding in internal breathable mesh fabric. This particular makes them particularly suitable for dogs with very sensitive skin, which tend to pull a lot and are therefore at greater risk of rubbing during walks.
The particular conformation of the structure of the harness and the padding on the chest, in fact, act as "brake”When the dog pulls, limiting force and traction.
Main features of the padded harness:
- It has adjustable neck and chest straps for one perfect fit;
- You can exploit it in growth phase thanks to double adjustment straps on the neck and chest, which allow you to widen the harness up to 10 cm at the adjustment points;
- On the back has a handy D-ring in ultra-resistant metal to fix the leash, placed so as not to choke the dog and not to exert pressure on the neck or throat;
- On the chest (front) it has a second D-ring, you can fasten the leash in front if your dog pulls a lot, or you can use the ring to attach the tag
- E’ realizzata in neoprene custom printed, a material light but strong, and it's padded with soft internal breathable mesh, perfect material to give ultra comfort and for avoid chafing also on more delicate skins of our dogs!
The classic harness it is a harness that always has the H shape, but appears as a thinner harness, made with ultra resistant nylon straps that wrap the dog around the neck and chest.
The main ones features of the classic harness are:
- It has 3 adjustment points: on the neck, on the chest and on the bridge (ie the strap on the chest that connects the neck and the chest of the harness) so as to adapt to any physical conformation (from the shortest to the most slender such as dachshunds);
- You can exploit it in growth phase thanks to the triple adjustment (you can reach over 10 cm more in length by adjusting the straps);
- On the back has a handy D-ring in ultra-resistant metal to attach the leash;
- On the chest it has a second D-ring, you can fasten the leash in front if your dog pulls a lot, or you can use the ring to attach the tag;
- Made of webbing custom printed ultra-resistant nylon
How to choose a dog harness correctly?
To ensure the maximum comfort and the maximum freedom of movement to your dog, it is important to correctly choose the size and model of the harness to buy. The variables to consider are:
- the size
- the materials of the straps and buckles
- the width of the straps
- the quality
How to choose the size correctly?
Choose the correct size it's very simple. To do this, you need to take measurements of your dog's neck and chest circumference. To do this, you just need a simple tape measure. For more information on how to take the measurements click here.
Once you have identified these two sizes, choosing the right size will be very intuitive. Find the size that includes your dog's measurement in both references, neck and chest. If you are between two sizes we recommend that you choose the larger size.
Which material to prefer?
Our harnesses are made from neoprene and nylon webbing ultra resistant. Our buckles are made of plastic with a 4-point safety technology or metal depending on the model. Neoprene is a fabric very light but also extremely resistant. Furthermore, for greater comfort, our harnesses are padded internally with a soft breathable mesh that prevents redness caused by rubbing of the harness even on the most sensitive skins.
How to choose the right size of the straps?
Depending on the size of your dog, it is also good to choose the correct width of the straps. For particularly small dogs (chihuahua toy) a width of 1.5 cm is recommended, for small and medium-sized dogs 2 cm is recommended. For large dogs it is good to stay on a width of 2.5 cm and up.
Which color to prefer?
Here, let your imagination run wild! In our store you will find truly unique and inimitable looks. Your dog will surely be the most admired in the neighborhood!
How to evaluate the quality?
First, trust the reviews, we care about your dog's safety as much as ours. Piggy Pet products are tested and stress tested to ensure maximum safety for you and your dog.
How to adjust the harness?
Depending on the model you choose (Adjustable or Classic) you will have two or three adjustment points.
Both models are adjustable on the neck and chest making them perfect to use even in the growth phase.
To adjust the harness you just need to loosen or tighten the straps (on the neck you have two straps to be adjusted in parallel, on the chest only one). In the classic harness you will have a third adjustment point, that is the lower bridge that connects the neck strap to the chest strap, you can lengthen it in case your dog is very long such as a dachshund.
So how do i choose the perfect harness?
Put together all the answers to the questions above and choose the one perfect harness for your dog it will be child's play, you can put your paw on the fire :-). In summary, prefer a padded model if your dog is small or medium in size and of standard length and if he does not tolerate classic harnesses very much, being softer he will feel like he is not wearing anything constricting. If, on the other hand, your dog is longer than the standard length, is of medium-large size and has never had problems with chafing or irritation due to the harness straps, you can choose the Strap model.